The general policy for trading books at The Bookworm is 2:1. That is, you trade two books for one book of equal value. *How it works: When you bring in books for trade, we will determine whether or not we take your books by checking the shelves for the same titles. We try not to keep more than 2 copies of a title. We also check them for condition. When it is determined which of your books we will accept, we will price them according to the amount we will charge. You will receive 1/2 that amount which can be used towards the purchase of other pre-read books and used media materials which are priced with a red sticker. When purchasing books with a credit slip, 50% of your purchase must be paid in cash and the remaining 50% will be deducted from your credit slip.
*Rules of Trade:
1. When bringing in books that have been priced to sell at a garage sale, please remove the garage sale stickers. Removal of those stickers is labor intensive and reduces the trade in value or may cause us to not accept them.
2. We do not accept books with broken bindings, browning pages, torn covers, or soiled covers or pages.
3. Some books, computer and finance, health etc. for example, will not be accepted if they are outdated.
4. Hardcovers must have the dust jacket.
5. We do not accept periodicals.
6. We do not accept Reader's Digest Condensed books.
7. We do not accept discarded library books
7. If you do not use your credit in full at the time of the trade, we will issue you a credit slip which you can use to purchase pre-read books in the future. Don't lose your credit slip as we do not keep records of the slips.
8. Books purchased at The Bookworm will not necessarily be accepted back for trade.
9. We try to get through your books while you wait. Any books not accepted must be taken back, we cannot dispose of them for you.
-->Mass Media Paperbacks: We price mass media paperbacks in like new condition at 1/2 of the original cover price. Books that are not in like new condition are adjusted in price according to the condition.
-->Series Romance: Our pricing for Series Romance(ie: Harlequin Romance, Silhouette Romance etc.) is different than that of other Mass Media books. Like new books with a cover price of $3.99 and less will be priced 50 cents, $4.00-$4.50 books will be priced at 75 cents, $4.51-$4.99 will be $1.00 and those over $5.00 will be $1.50. Books will be adjusted down according to condition.
-->Hard Covers and Trade (Oversized) Paperbacks :Book Club editions are generally priced $3.00 while others may be priced up to as much as 1/6 of the original price. Books are adjusted down according to condition.
-->Older and Out of Print Books: Please be advised that we, at The Bookworm, are not book antiquarians and cannot give you a value on older books. We will accept books that we may sell and will offer a nominal amount for those books. Sometimes we may get lucky and give a dollar credit for a book we may be able to sell for $10.00. Or we may get unlucky and sell a book valued at $300.00 for only $10.00. (yes that is an actual story!!!)If you are looking for a value to your older books please consult a book antiquarian.
-->Limiting books: We reserve the right to limit quantities of books at any time. As a general rule after Thanksgiving until mid-January we limit to 10 books per trade as we are busy with the holiday rush and try to keep our numbers down for inventory in January.
We reserve the right to change our book trade policy at any time without notice.